Capital Project Update
Over this past summer, the middle school added an additional row of parking spaces, interior wallpaper was removed and walls painted, and a basketball court near the playground.
Solvay Middle School
- On October 29 and for the next couple of weeks, the construction crews began the renovations to the playground and will be placing the top coat and stripes on the basketball court.
- Very soon new bleachers will be installed in the large gym.
- The new transportation center has been finalized. Within the next few months, transportation will move to a temporary location while the renovations and new construction takes place.
2018-2021 Capital Project Timeline (Tentative Dates*)
Phase 1 Schedule
- Construction Documents – Dec. 2017 through July 2018 (8 months)
- SED Submission – July 2018
- Constructability Review/Estimate – Fall 2018
- SED Approval – March 2019 (8 months)*
- Bidding – April 2019*
- Contractor Mobilization/Submittals – May 2019*
- Construction – Summer 2019 into the 2019-2020 School Year*
- Closeout – Summer 2020*
Phase 2 Schedule
- Construction Documents – Aug. 2018 to April 2019 (9 months)
- SED Submission – April 2019
- Constructability Review/Est. – Summer 2019
- SED Approval – Dec. 2019 (8 months)*
- Bidding – Jan. 2020*
- Contractor Mobilization/Submittals – Feb. 2020*
- Construction – Spring, summer, and fall of 2020*
- Closeout – Spring 2021*