Solvay "Baldcats" Shave Heads, Raise Money for Cancer Research
At the end of March, the Solvay Bearcats led a team that participated in the St. Baldrick's Foundation charity event! Any member of the Solvay community was welcomed to join the team.
Held at the the Kitty Hoynes Irish Pub & Restaurant, members of the “Solvay Baldcats” were asked to shave their heads to help raise cancer awareness in the community, as well to help raise money for childhood cancer research.
All told, the Baldcats team raised a whopping $1,606 for cancer research! We’d like to thank all of the members of the squad who shaved their heads for the event:
- Noah Draper - Seventh grade student
- Zachary Komosinski - Seventh grade student
- Ian Ridgeway - Seventh grade student
- Timothy Williams - Seventh grade student
- Ted Williams - Parent
- Collin Thompson - Seventh grade math teacher, team captain
- Adam Sgroi - Seventh grade social studies teacher
Great job, Baldcats!